Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Week 3 Flikr experiences





I joined up to a Flickr account, but found that I had to have a Yahoo email. Grrr.... and it took ages to create, and I couldn't use my gmail account name, as this had already been taken in Yahoo. Double grr.... I now find I have to have a notebook with all my different account names ... and computers are supposed to make life easier?
Talking about more technology gripes: My digital camera is driving me crazy! Not only do I have trouble downloading my pics, but when I look at them on the computer, the pictures are always too dark, (even though they look OK on the camera screen) and I have to fiddle with them in edit to make them presentable e.g. the one on the left is the original, only being edited to resize it for the web.

The one on the right has been recontrasted and brightened to have some semblance to what it should look like. And I have to do this for just about all my pictures with this camera. I really need a new one now!!


I added two photos to my Flickr account with a tag ACL Learning 2.0 so you can find them easily. One is from Pompeii, the other of White Island. If you think they look familiar, you have probably seen them on the ACL natural disasters (volcanoes) web page. It was fun looking through other people's photos on flickr, checking other tags to see what pictures are out there.
3 October addenda: I have just looked at the Flickr page, and on entering ACL Learning into the search box could not find my photos, even though I added these words to my tags. Found Marilyn's pictures, though. Can't understand this, and don't know what I have done wrong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Good work on your blog so far, hope you are enjoying! :)