Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Del.icio.us

I've had a peek at the Del.icio.us site, and was quite impressed with the ability to store bookmarks. I like the idea of being able to save your favourite websites for use on any computer (saves having to remember them "Oh my aching head!"). Now all I have to do is remember the logons and passwords to all these fancy sites I have created.
The youtube video (Social bookmarking in plain English) audio kept stopping and starting, and it was a little difficult to follow. Trouble is, I'm quite sure that we're not supposed to download material onto work computers, and the public terminals don't accept downloads either. However, I did create a "network badge" which I can hopefully attach to this blog. This is the address I was told to copy and paste in:
http://del.icio.us/feeds/js/networkbadge/Darkcrystal1?name;nwcount;fancount;icon, however it does not seem to be working properly.; it is asking me to download a file to view it. Now I'm not sure whether I need to use a link roll or a tag roll instead on my blog.
Looking through the popular and recent tags was an eye-opener. The type of websites people like to look at was a bit revealing. I preferred to use the search function for more specifics.
The tag options sorting was interesting, and I like the way you can read other people's comments to the website and link to their bookmarks. However, I can't work out how to add a tag to a previously saved and tagged bookmark. I don't want to change the tag, just add another one. The edit tags function only allows you to rename or delete, but not add.

I am sure once I have the time to have a decent play I could sort this out. Maybe later... maybe next year.

I

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's just so much to explore :)The link tried to get me to download a file too, not sure how to fix it.