Thursday, November 8, 2007

Technorati and tagging

Had a bit of a squizz at Technorati. At first it appeared to be another search site plagued by pesky pop-up advertisements. Then I noticed the "clickable" tags. This is not always helpful as I was in for a surprise when I typed in motorcycles. Look at this link to see what I mean : http://www.technorati.com/tag/motorcycles?authority=a4&language=en What has a diabetic recipe got to do with motorcycles? (this is now on the second page).It was only when you viewed the actual post that it became clear that motorcycles had a small mention near the bottom of the page in the labels, along with "Riders against diabetes". I quite like the way you can search for the tags in either posts, blogs, utube or ....I searched for my own blog on Technorati and was totally amazed how easy it was to find it. I just used the search box to enter crystalines and here it is: http://www.technorati.com/blogs/tag/crystalines (but I have no fans ... boo hoo!) I checked out some of the blogs listed under the popular tag - amazing how many are about making money. e.g. this one: (I suppose anything to do with making money would make it popular!:)) Lifehacker, too, looked intriguing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It probably had something to do with the way that someone had tagged motorcycle article