Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Netlibrary


Gosh, it was so easy to join up with Netlibrary through the Auckland City Libraries website. The only catch was that I had no idea what the content of the library was, and I tried unsuccessfully to find ebooks of some of my favourite authors. It seems as if Netlibrary contains mostly non-fiction or classical fiction. I found a book on plate tectonics which I have bookmarked into my account, and will have a read later. I still dislike the idea of reading a book on a computer screen, though, and prefer being able to browse a book by flicking through pages. In spite of this, reading an ebook was very easy. The text and illustrations were clear enough, and you didn't have to do too much scrolling down the computer screen to read a page. I was amazed to find that we have 773 ebooks in our collection, and these can also be accessed through the catalogue.

No comments: