Thursday, December 6, 2007

Youtube

There are an amazing variety of video clips out there, and I had to ponder for a while to think of what to search to find one. Problem is, our connection is so slow that it took ages for it to load; I got two seconds worth of play for every 5 minutes waiting. This was just to view the video to see if it was what I actuallly wanted!
It seems that I have to sign up for Youtube in order to post a video clip to my blog. Have just spent ten minutes trying to sign up. Grrrrrr... Anyway, I am attempting to embed the video clip on libraries I found into this blog. It does take a while to load, though. What do library staff do over the summer/quiet season? This may provide the answer to this question.

href="">


This type of technology could be used on a website to explain a procedure, give a tutorial, give a tour of a collection, or reveal part of the library usually unseen, in a similar way that this clip does. Web download speeds will have to be a lot faster, though. I found the whole experience very frustrating.



Hey neat! Look at what I just found:

href="">

For all those Gerry Anderson fans out there, here's a poser: In the opening credit shots following the countdown, how many scenes from various episodes can you identify? e.g. one of them is "Attack of the alligators". Can you name the others?

No comments: